Friday, April 29, 2016

______________________ MARINER'S DINGHY (3) _______________________

It has taken me a couple of days to sand Mariner's dinghy back to the original white gel coat finish. All my fingers have lost a layer of skin from clutching the sandpaper firmly in a sanding block (I should learn to wear gloves) and are a bit sensitive. My shoulders ache and I now have the daunting task of turning the dinghy upright and dealing to its cavernous inside. Only after completing the inside of the dinghy will I be ready to start the real work of repair. But shipmates I'm not complaining, because, a labour of love is, well, a labour of love. I can't begin to explain what a joy it is to be doing something as interesting and totally absorbing as sanding  LOL. (Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear).

No comments: